You don’t actually have to try to answer the following questions, but do take some time to ponder over them. Just read the article straight through, and you’ll get the point.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Grand Priz trophy winners.
3. Name the last ten winners of the AFL (Editor: Australian Football) Grand Final.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade’s worth of Melbourne Cup winners.
How did you do?
The facts are:
None of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields, but the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
6. Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you
The people who make a real difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.
Let the people who have made a difference in your life know by passing this information on to them.
“Don’t worry about the world coming to an end today……It’s already tomorrow in Australia.”
Authors Details: Unknown Author